I'm a writer and lecturer with a background in neuroscience. I'm best known for my research on the brain and sexuality, but I've also spent many years studying the visual system. I've written or co-authored several books on sexuality, and I've coauthored books on such diverse topics as earthquakes and volcanoes, extraterrestrial life, and Parkinson's disease. I've even written a novel. I live in West Hollywood, California.
On this site you can:
1. learn about my eleven books, including my newest book, Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation (2011).
2. see a detailed resume
3. read an article about the science of sexual orientation
4. read my 1991 Science paper, “A difference in hypothalamic structure between homosexual and heterosexual men”
5. read an essay on gay relationships
6. read an article on "Sex and Violence"
7. read a full-length review of Human Sexuality.
8. read my response to criticisms in my Wikipedia biography
9. read about my speaking engagements
Create your badge